|Return to Process Page
|SAMPLE WORKING AGREEMENT
Please note that this is intended only as a rough draft sample agreement-Your's WILL BE DIFFERENT to some extent-
Every Agreement should be custom drafted to conform to the individual situation
Note: A temporary ‘working agreement’ is a practical /interim step where a formal contract for consulting services does not yet exist. This document covers consultations that continue beyond the "first meeting free" concept offered as part of our way of doing business and would be in effect until officially terminated or until a formal contract for consulting services is agreed to and executed.AGREEMENT created this dd day of mm, yyyy and between:
Richard W. Speer/Speer Architects whose address is:
407 Skyview Drive
Boerne, Texas 78006
Phone: 830-755-8035 -hereinafter referred to as the "Consultant"; and
__________________, whose current address is:
Phone: 000-000-0000 -hereinafter referred to as the "Client".
WHEREAS, the Client desires to engage the services of the Consultant as an Architect to perform for the Client Consulting services regarding the Programming and Conceptual Design of a project description in the
geographic location on a parcel of land legally described as Unit #xx Block x, Lot xxx
WHEREAS, Consultant desires to consult with the Client in the Programming and Conceptual Design of a project description to be located in city,county,state in the
geographic location on a parcel of land legally described as Unit #xx Block x, Lot xx
NOW, THEREFORE, it is agreed as follows:
1. Term: The respective duties and obligations of the contracting parties shall be for a period that will commence with the signing of this agreement and the payment of the retainer and through the completion of the conceptual design phase. This agreement may be terminated by either party giving thirty (30) days' written notice to the other party at the addresses stated above or at an address chosen subsequent to the execution of this agreement and duly communicated to the party giving notice. Should this agreement be terminated by the Client payment of all fees and expenses for work done to the point that the notice is received are due at that time. Should this agreement be terminated by the Consultant one-half of all hourly fees due at that time will be returned to the Client if the Client is has made their payments on time up to the point of notification. This agreement shall not in any case be in effect beyond the conceptual design phase for this project. The conceptual design phase will end when the basic concepts for the form of the project and space allocations have been determined. This agreement will terminate automatically when the Client agrees that the conceptual phase is complete and with the execution of a Formal Contract for Services.
2. Consultations: Consultant shall be available to consult with the Client, at reasonable times, concerning matters pertaining to this project. Consultant shall not represent the Client, in any related transactions or communications nor shall Consultant make claim to do so without express written request for additional services.
3. Copyrights and Ownership: All concepts, ideas, inventions and creations by the Consultant remain the property of the Consultant. Any use of these by the Client without full typical compensation to the Consultant will be in violation of professional copyright law and will be prosecuted.
4. Compensation: The Consultant shall receive payments at least monthly from the Client for the performance of the services rendered to the Client and pursuant to the terms of the agreement. The hourly fee rate to be billed will be $xxx.00 per hour for work performed by the Consultant. In addition, the Client shall reimburse the Consultant for any reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred by the Consultant pursuant to the terms of this agreement. The Consultant shall submit an invoice by mail and email indicating itemized statements of hours of services performed and expenses incurred during any particular month-by the fifth (5th) day of the next succeeding month. The total amount indicated as due shall be received by the Consultant by the twentieth (20th) day of the month in which the invoice is received. Delaying payment beyond the due date will result in suspension of the consultant’s work.
5. Retainer: A minimum retainer of $xxxx.00 will be paid to the Consultant by the Client at the signing of this agreement and in advance of any future consultations.
This document has legal implications. Please have your attorney review this document before you sign.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have hereunto executed and activated this Agreement on the date(s) shown adjacent to their individual signatures.
Client Signature date Client Signature date
Client Full Name Client Full Name
Richard W. Speer Title date